NetApp Cloud Storage powered by Savvis enables NetApp® enterprise storage customers to quickly and cost effectively extend their data replication to the cloud using NetApp® ONTAP SnapMirror technology. The offering provides secure, application-consistent data replication services and high-speed recovery without the cost and complexity of an in-house solution. This service is capable of supporting all major operating systems and platforms, including Windows®, UNIX®, or Linux® servers, desktops, and virtual infrastructures.
NetApp Cloud Storage provides enterprise class data storage with unparalleled capability and flexibility. In a monthly subscription fee, the service combines NetApp SnapMirror technology, SSAE 16 Type II certified and PCI Compliant data centers, 7/24 support and the flexibility to scale up or scale back storage. Enterprises can browse the node, configure the replication frequency and retention settings or perform a restore. Key features include:
- Flexible monthly subscription fees. Pay for only what you need. Fees are billed in advanced based on a per TB unit with no term commitment.
- Quickly scale up or down to meet changing needs. Storage capacity on demand enables businesses to respond quickly to changing business requirements.
- Reliable and available. Enterprise grade file storage is provided using fully managed NetApp storage combined with 99.99% availability Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Secure high performance data replication. Provides integration between customer NetApp storage and Savvis using SnapMirror technology. SnapMirror enables NetApp customers to securely replicate their data into a Savvis data center and automatically keep their data current and available where and when needed.
- Cost-effectively meet business RPO and RTO requirements. SnapGuard is an enterprise class storage service that enables businesses to reduce the time, cost, and administrative burdens inherent in an in-house replication solution.
- Quick access to the stored replicated data. The customer is provided their own virtual server configured for NetApp 7-mode with SnapMirror to facilitate access to replicated data at Savvis and enable them to easily restore data for production use.
- Easy implementation: Configuration and installation are handled by Savvis experts and ongoing support is provided 24/7 by a dedicated team, one dedicated virtual NAS server to serve as a repository for the snapshot data
Target End-Customer Profile
The ideal customer is interested in the benefits of public cloud while maintaining the control of on-premise NetApp storage. Ideal for enterprises looking to:
- Gain public cloud cost, flexibility, and time to market benefits while maintaining the data control, compliance and portability of the familiar enterprise storage infrastructure.
- Gain business insight from big data analytics at lower cost.
- Deploy more cost-effective disaster recovery than traditional solutions.
- Provide tiered backup with more reliability and higher RTO data archiving than tape solutions.
- More easily manage data center migration by leveraging this infrastructure as an interim production environment.
- Fully managed and operated on Savvis Multi-tenant NetApp® infrastructure.
- Scale up, scale out or scale back to meet customer business needs.
- 99.99% availability SLA with 24/7 support provided by experienced Global Operations team.
- SSAE 16/SAS 70 Type II certified and PCI Compliant data centers: Santa Clara, Washington DC, Chicago and Dallas.
- Sold in usable 1TB increments.
- Fully configured and managed by Savvis and customers are provided access for restores. The Vserver will display as a node on their network. Client may browse the node, configure the replication frequency and retention settings or perform a restore.
- Configured for NetApp® 7-mode systems enabled with SnapMirror™
- Savvis utilizes the NetApp SnapMirror™ and SnapRestore™ technology sets.
- The network connectivity into the corresponding Savvis data center.
- A primary SnapMirror™ license. SnapMirror™ and SnapRestore™ license keys need to be enabled on the customer NetApp® system. Savvis has the SnapMirror™ and SnapRestore™ secondary licenses installed in all of the available facilities.
- NetApp ONTAP versions 8.0.x, 8.1 and or 8.2, 32 or 64 bit.
Packages & Pricing
This service is available in the United States. All pricing for the packaged offerings are listed as suggested retail price (SRP) in US currency.
We will be happy to answer any of your questions.